Cross Fight B-Daman Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion

4 posters

Go down

CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion Empty CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion

Post by Leone19 Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I think this would be a separate thread, ather then the type of battle this is the rules. I think this is a good place to specifically brainstorm tournament rules.
Leone19
Leone19
Admin

CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion 3xAVUxe

Back to top Go down

CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion Empty Re: CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion

Post by Thunder Dome Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Out of curiosity why do adults have to stay with those under 16? It doesn't make much sense to me tbh because we don't need a hoard of parents being bored out of their mind watching their kids play something they likely have no interest in.
Thunder Dome
Thunder Dome

Back to top Go down

CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion Empty Re: CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion

Post by SaintBlader Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:42 pm

I think it's a good rule to make sure kids have a ride once the tourney is over, but I think the parents shouldn't have to follow their children up to the arena. Maybe push for tournament organizers to have chairs for parents to sit and talk to each other as the competitors are competing? I'm not sure that should be a rule, though.

Maybe if the age was lowered to thirteen and up can be unsupervised? I'm not sure that's a good idea, either, though
SaintBlader
SaintBlader

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Dome Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:26 pm

I know a lot of hobby shops and parks have good places to sit so I guess parents could sit there. I mean parents have stuff to do a lot of the time and sometimes they probably drop their kid off at tournaments and such to get them out of the way.

Obviously a lot of the parents with younger kids would want to stay, but a lot of time the parents with kids 11/12 would probably just leave them and tell them to contact them with their cell phone to come and get them.

Should their even be a limit for age? I mean a parent should know if his or her kid is responsible enough to stay at the event with others without the parent and tell them to call when it's over or if their kid needs to stay and keep them from misbehaving.
Thunder Dome
Thunder Dome

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintBlader Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

I think some additions to the rules (such as penalties for certain rule breaks, illegal customizations, and some clauses for judges) would be good. I'll outline them below:
Penalties:

Illegal Modifications:

Special Clauses for Judges:

I also feel that the selection of a B-Daman and how it is selected should be specified.
SaintBlader
SaintBlader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultramarine Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm

There are a few changes I think would make it more fair.
1. I think an automatic loss for what could be an honest mistake is a bit steep. I say if one of the rules is broken, the fighter receives a warning. If it happens again, their opponent gets one red bomb (leave the bricks, just take the bomb out), and then the third time they would forfeit the round.
2. Hoarding B-dama isn't that bad, as it's a strategy and has downsides, ie by not using the b-dama, the fighter will fall behind.
3. A fighter can call timeout at any time if they feel that bricks or bombs on their side are obstructing their play. They may not take action, however, until a judge validates their request. If a b-dama leaves the field of play, it is the judges responsibility to retrieve/keep track of it, and when the next bomb is knocked out, the judge may redistribute b-dama equally (if there is an unequal amount of b-dama, the player who just won the bomb gets one extra).
Ultramarine
Ultramarine
Admin

CFBA Rule Modification and Changes Discussion 3xAVUxe

https://cfba.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down